by East Coast Blazer
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis that’s shown to help people with a wide range of conditions. CBD has many benefits beyond just helping people feel better physically. It also improves sleep quality, reduces anxiety and helps with pain relief.
CBD can treat various conditions, including anxiety, pain, inflammation, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s Disease.
CBD is also known to reduce nausea caused by chemo, improve sleep quality, decrease fibromyalgia symptoms, reduce arthritis pain, reduce neuropathic pain (nerve pain), improve bowel function and many more.
It comes in different forms like oil or as an edible or topical rub.
CBD comes from hemp
CBD is a cannabinoid found in hemp, and hemp is a variety of cannabis plants that contains low levels of THC and high levels of CBD—hence, it’s legal to use.
Hemp has many other uses besides CBD oil production. From textiles to paper manufacturing (and even building materials), this versatile crop has been around for thousands of years!
CBD isn’t psychoactive
The reason hemp can legally be grown in Canada is because it doesn’t contain any psychoactive properties—meaning you won’t get high from consuming it.
CBD cannot get you high because it does not contain THC — the chemical that gets people high when consumed through smoking or vaporizing weed (or eating marijuana brownies).
CBD is not a drug, meaning it cannot be considered an addictive substance, and you shouldn’t worry about developing a tolerance when using CBD products.
CBD is good for you
As a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, it has a wide range of therapeutic effects. It’s an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety agent. It also acts as an anticonvulsant, preventing seizures and epileptic fits for those with epilepsy; this includes children as young as three months old.
Research suggests that CBD may help with addiction recovery, depression and anxiety disorder — all while being completely safe for human consumption.
CBD’s ability to reduce anxiety has been well documented in clinical studies using rats or mice exposed to stressful situations. In these instances, the rodents given cannabinoids showed reduced levels of stress hormones compared with their counterparts who weren’t treated with cannabinoids.
CBD has also proven to reduce inflammation and pain, which is why people with arthritis or other chronic conditions use it.
CBD is all-natural and legal.
Since 2018 when it became legal in Canada, the use of CBD oil has skyrocketed.
The compound has been a medicine for thousands of years because it exhibits similar properties to those found in other plants like turmeric or ginger root. However, modern science has shown us just how much potential there is behind this plant.
CBD is safe for both children and pets
You can feel confident that CBD is safe for your children and pets. Unlike many other hemp-based products, it’s not psychoactive or addictive, so you don’t have to worry about them getting high just by eating a little bit.
Although there are concerns about how toxic its use is, especially when consumed orally, these have been primarily disproven by reputable studies conducted on animals over the past several years.
What are some common CBD products?
There are many ways to use CBD, depending on what you want. Some people prefer using it topically as a cream or lotion. Others ingest it orally through pills and tinctures, while others take vaporized forms.
- CBD oil: CBD oil is a thick liquid infused with CBD. Some CBD oils contain more than one carrier oil, which is meant to preserve the CBD and help absorption into the bloodstream. You can take CBD oil by inhalation, ingestion, or topical application. This method affects how quickly your body absorbs CBD. For example, inhalation and ingestion methods are faster than topical applications.
- CBD topicals: This type is applied directly onto your skin, absorbing it into your bloodstream. If you have chronic pain or anxiety, using a topical rub can help reduce your symptoms without making you high.
- CBD edibles: CBD edible products are the most popular form of CBD. They come in various forms, including chocolate bars, cookies, gummies, and fruit snacks. These products are more potent than other forms of CBD because they contain high amounts of CBD per serving.
- Vape oil: CBD vape oil products are the latest trend in the CBD industry. They’re designed for use with a vaporizer, which heats the oil and turns it into an inhaled vapour that your body can absorb.
- CBD e-liquids: Also called e-juice, are made by mixing different types of CBD with other ingredients such as nicotine, vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol and flavourings. CBD e-liquids are used as an alternative to traditional tobacco products. They have a much lower level of toxicity than conventional cigarettes and contain no tar or carbon monoxide. They can be vaped using an e-cigarette or vaporizer. You can also smoke them in a pipe or cigar.
- Tinctures: They’re concentrated liquid extracts of the marijuana plant. They can be used as an edible or swallowed like a pill in water or juice.
- Pet products: There are many different types because each species has so much variety. Some examples include pet biscuits which contain cannabidiol, while others might focus on CBD oils designed explicitly for dogs.
The benefits of CBD products are widely known, and they’re becoming increasingly popular. The best thing you can do is educate yourself on the subject. There is a lot of misinformation surrounding cannabis, so it’s essential to understand what works for each individual before using any cannabis product.
Hopefully, we’ve helped you to understand what CBD products are. While it’s not quite as well known or widespread as marijuana, CBD offers many of the same benefits in the medical world. And the best part is that it comes without the psychoactive side effects of marijuana. As more research about its potential benefits becomes popular, we hope to see CBD become more common in medical and recreational settings.